Looking to buy weed online in Canada? You’re not alone! Recreational marijuana use was legalized in October of 2018, and Canadians have been rushing to dispensaries to purchase their cannabis. However, there are still a lot of questions about how to buy weed safely and legally. In this blog post, we will answer all your questions and help you get started on your cannabis journey!
How to Safely and Legally Buy Weed in Canada
It’s no secret that weed is becoming legal in more and more places across the globe. As of October 17, 2018, weed is now legal in Canada! This can be a bit of a confusing topic for people, so we wanted to create a blog post that outlines everything you need to know about buying weed in Canada.
The first thing you need to know is that there are different types of cannabis. Cannabis can be either recreational or medicinal. In Canada, both types are legal. However, the process for buying each type is different.
If you want to buy recreational cannabis, you must be at least 18 years old. You will also need a valid government-issued ID. You can purchase cannabis from a licensed retailer. There are also online retailers that sell cannabis.
If you want to buy medicinal cannabis, you must have a valid prescription from a healthcare professional. You can then purchase cannabis from a licensed producer. Licensed producers are the only legal source of medicinal cannabis in Canada.
Now that you know the basics let’s get into the details of how to actually buy weed in Canada!
The first step is to find a licensed retailer or online store. We recommend using Leafly, which is an online directory of cannabis retailers. Once you’ve found a retailer, you can either visit their website or shop in person.
When shopping in person, make sure to bring your ID! The staff will need to see it before they can sell you any cannabis.
Ways you can legally buy weed in Canada.
– Through a licensed producer: You can buy weed from a licensed producer either online or at their physical location. You will need to provide your government-issued ID and be of legal age (19+ in most provinces)
– At a provincially or territorially regulated retailer: You can buy weed from a provincially or territorially regulated retailer. In some provinces, you can only purchase weed online.
– Federally licensed medical cannabis dispensaries: If you have a prescription for medical cannabis from a healthcare practitioner, you can buy weed from a federally licensed dispensary.
– Authorized cannabis retailers on First Nations reserves: You can buy weed from an authorized retailer on a First Nations reserve.
– Homegrown: You can grow up to four cannabis plants per household (not per person) for personal use.
In the end
Now that you know the ins and outs of buying weed in Canada, you should have no problem getting your hands on some high-quality bud. Just remember to always buy from a reputable source and to never carry more than 30 grams on you at any given time. Happy smoking!